Trigger events are ideal opportunities to reach your contacts at a time when they are particularly inclined to purchase your product or service. Recently we have introduced some tools to identify trigger events. To make sure you know what to look for, you will find 20 concrete examples in this article. Use these and other occasions for a particularly targeted approach in marketing and sales.
Economic changes as trigger events
The main goal of any company is to earn money. If you can help your potential customers with your product or service to increase revenues or reduce expenses, it is highly likely to attract their interest. Trigger events that allow direct conclusions to be drawn about the economic situation of the company are very well suited as contact events.
The company …
- … wins a large customer.
- … is growing – in terms of sales or employees.
- … reports losses.
- … is affected by price changes for important resources.
- … has concluded a financing round or goes public.
Changes at structural or organisational level
If a company realigns itself organizationally and structurally, this is a great opportunity for you as a potential supplier. Finally, the status quo is questioned – the open-mindedness for new things is great. Such changes can manifest themselves in different ways.
- New managers are being appointed.
- The company moves.
- Mergers, takeovers or acquisitions are taking place.
- The company creates new positions or redistributes competences.
Also monitor the behaviour of your potential customer in the market as well as events that affect important competitors or the entire industry. From this you can derive valuable opportunities and a specific need of your contact.
- Your potential customer is introducing a new product/service.
- An important competitor introduces a new product/service.
- The company enters a new market.
- There have been significant changes in one major competitor.
- An innovation of great importance for the industry is announced.
- A new legal situation is changing market conditions.
Person-related trigger events
If you already have a concrete contact to your potential customer or if you at least know the respective contact person, it is worth keeping an eye on events that affect this person in addition to the company and industry.
Your contact …
- … either gets a promotion or changes his/her job.
- … takes part in a conference.
- … posts content that indicates an interest in your product/service.
- … opens your e-mail.
- … expresses dissatisfaction with the current supplier.
Trigger events with Implisense Pro
With Implisense Pro you will be informed about numerous changes affecting your leads on a daily basis. The algorithm evaluates countless sources and alerts you automatically. So you never miss an occasion to convince promising contacts of your product or your service.
Use these and other trigger events for your lasting sales and marketing success!